I’m joining Multitude Mondays, a “gratitude community” at Holy Experience. The long and short of it: to journal what we’re grateful for. I can personally attest to the power of thankfulness. During one of the darkest times in my life, I kept a small notebook by my bed and forced myself to write 5 things I was thankful for at the end of each day. It kept me focused on God’s goodness at a point when it would have been very easy to see only the pain.
It’s a sunshiney season of life, but even so, I’m beginning that habit again.
1. Crisp autumn weather. In a climate that’s warm 9 months out of the year, I treasure every cool day that comes.
2. Vintage illustrations. As anyone who reads here knows, I have a thing for illustrations from the 1920’s through the 1950’s. Those images bring me so much joy!
3. Baking. It’s that time of year!
4. Cleaning day. I look forward to an orderly home by the time my sweet husband finishes his work.
5. Children who love each other. Sure, they fight sometimes. But I can hear the voices of my older ones playing together right now, and this morning my heart overflowed when I saw my youngest run to give the oldest a good-morning hug.